I’ve been kindly nominated for The Triple Award, by Nirvana, of http://nirvanaamjad.wordpress.com/.
This is very nice for me, as I love that people are interested enough to read my Blog with any regularity 🙂
The three awards are, as follows:
I love this one, as it means someone has found something in my writing to inspire them. I was fortunate to have had an English teacher who did the same for me so, if I can encourage anyone, even a little bit, to write whatever is in their heart, then I’m happy to have passed on that inspiration given so freely to me 🙂
I absolutely love the idea of this award, not only for my own sake, but because it reminds me so much of my daughter. Her favourite quote comes from Oscar Wilde ‘We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’ She took that quote to heart, and recently started up her own group, called ‘The Gutterstars Collective’, where she performs fire routines within plays. If anyone shines brightly, it is she 🙂
I love the idea of this award – it a definite feel-good thing! 🙂
Now, apparently, there are a few rules to accepting this triple award, and these are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate a list of bloggers who inspire you.
- Include this set of rules.
Right, so I have thanked Nirvana, who nominated me so, check 1.
I’ve posted the award itself onto my Blog (as above) – check 2.
Now, #3 says I have to share 7 things about myself – so here goes:
- I’m absolutely petrified of spiders! Intellectually, I know there’s nothing to be afraid of, but years of conditioning by a mother who screamed every time she saw one means I’m still terrified to absolute freezing whenever I see one!
- When I was about 10 (in the 70’s), I had a pet rock! Don’t ask me why – it was the thing at the time! I named it Boris, and kept it by my bedside, and didn’t do very much with it, as you might imagine 🙂
- Out of all the seasons, I prefer Autumn. Whether it’s because I was born in September, or whether it’s the smell of bonfires and rotting leaves, I’m not sure, but it’s the time of year I prefer to any other 🙂
- When I was young, my older sister, who was left-handed, wrote what we called mirror-writing, and we used to write each other ‘secret’ letters this way, convinced that nobody else had ever done the same (not realising our mother, too, was a lefty).
- I’m a total and utter sci-fi/fantasy addict, and am re-reading (for about the 10th time) the Anne McCaffrey-Elizabeth Ann Scarborough Powers That Be trilogy. I have every single book Anne McCaffrey has written, and am well on my way to having all of Elizabeth Scarborough’s too! They are definitely in my ‘keepers’ category, to be read, and re-read, as often as I feel like it – I never get tired of reading about space adventures, Unicorns, Dragons, and Cats! Lol
- When I was 3, I was nearly thrown into the public bonfire, on Guy Fawkes Night, that our family was attending at the time. It was only the quick wits of a stranger that the boys who tried it didn’t succeed! I’ve never enjoyed bonfire nights since 😦
- Despite being a total bookworm, I am now thoroughly, and utterly, addicted to Crochet! In the 16 months since I taught myself to crochet, I’ve managed to gather 4,000 patterns already – I’d need to live to be 1,000 to complete them all but, knowing me, it wouldn’t be possible anyway, as I can’t resist a new pattern, so I’d have to live forever to manage it – now that’s an idea! 🙂
As for #4 – here are just a few of the Blogs that I get inspiration from. These men and women are absolutely amazing writers:
23 Thorns – for his ability to make me laugh so much I could wet myself – plus, his wife writes the most amazing posts on historical stuff, which I love 🙂
Lizzi of Considerings – for her ability to make me laugh, or cry, with ease, as I read her amazing stories.
Christine of A Fly on our Chicken Coop Wall – for her ability to laugh at life, and keep her family and surroundings from falling into chaos.
Dyanne of I Want Backsies – for her fighting spirit, and her joy in life, that she shares with everyone.
Kristi of Thankful Me – for her ability to see all the good in life.
Clark of The Wakefield Doctrine – as he continues to shine the light onto our, sometimes disparate, characteristics.
Milly of Millyanna Trees – for her creativity – and for making my amazing Steampunk Owl.
Hannelore of Paper, Beads & Inspirations – for being such an amazingly talented friend, spiritual Sister, and all-round amazing human being.
Mikey of Knot Just Yarn: The Crochet Crowd Blog – for being the inspiration that drove me to teach myself to crochet 🙂
So, as I’ve also done #5 by writing all this, my work is done 🙂
Do feel free to go to all the different Blogs I’ve posted – you’ll be in for such a treat if you do 🙂