Hornsey and Wood Green Labour party in London votes for statement of solidarity with leadership – and says it has no confidence in Tom Watson even as an MP.
Hornsey and Wood Green CLP (constituency Labour party) in London is the largest in the country by some distance. It has just voted overwhelmingly to approve a motion expressing:
- members’ continuing ‘steadfast’ support in Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership
- its complete backing for Jennie Formby, Labour’s general secretary shamefully treated this week by notional deputy leader Tom Watson
- recognition of ‘unparalleled’ media attacks on Corbyn
- its lack of confidence in Watson to fulfil the role of MP, let alone of deputy leader
- a call on CLPs with MPs undermining Corbyn to make full use of the impending ‘trigger ballot’ process to choose a new, genuine Labour MP
Please follow this Link to read the full story: