This last week started with a death, and sort-of went downhill after that.
I’ve been soul-searching all week, trying to find 10 things to be thankful for, but my sorrow kept getting in the way – and so I decided that, despite how I feel, I should do my best to at least try to list 10 things that I can be thankful for.
So here it is:
1. I’m thankful that I’m still alive. My spiritual brother died at the age of 50 and, at 52, I’ve had 2 years more than him on this beautiful earth. I hope to enjoy many more, God willing, and so I should be thankful for this extra time.
2. I’m thankful for my other spiritual brothers and sisters, who were concerned about me, despite their own grief. That they could still worry about me shows just how much love there is between us all, and so I am always thankful for that.
3. I’m thankful that Lizzi was able to do so well with her run to raise money for Cancer Research.
4. I’m also thankful that Lizzi’s post during the week, while shocking me terribly, wasn’t actually real, but got the point across to many people about how devastating cancer is, and how much more research is needed if we’re to eliminate this awful disease!
5. I’m thankful that I’m one of the survivors!
6. I’m thankful that, despite my bad week, I’m still able to look forward to the future.
7. I’m thankful for a daughter who has such a strong work ethic, and who enjoys her work so much that it never wears on her.
8. I’m thankful that my daughter’s gigs this weekend went so well, and that she has so much to look forward to.
9. I’m thankful for my husband’s love and care this week. He alwaysloves and cares for me so well but, despite being ill himself this week, he has been even more solicitous of me after we got that bad news.
10. I’m thankful that I’ve been able to find things to be thankful for. It has been a very hard week for me this week, as my health has been very poor, as well as coping with the sorrow of loss, and so I doubted whether I could find anything to be glad about!