What a difference a week makes!
This week has been full of terrible lows, when our family truly thought we’d lose Mum, and then amazing highs, as she turned a corner, and so very quickly came back to us.
My 10 things of thankful are dedicated to this:
- I thank God that my Mum has survived, and is now on the road to recovery
- I thank the doctors and nurses, once more, for their exemplary care where Mum was concerned. They battled long and hard to bring her back from the brink of death, and their fight was well worth it, as Mum suddenly turned a corner, and has made a rapid recovery so far 🙂
- I’m thankful for all the support I’ve had from family and friends, and the concern and good wishes everybody sent us all over this awful time.
- I’m thankful for the prayers made by so many people all across the world – and I’m totally convinced this helped in my Mum’s recovery – Mum was so very touched by this, when I told her 🙂
- I’m thankful that Dad will have his love home with him very soon, as he’s not coped well without her 🙂
- I’m thankful that Mum has survived to share another wedding anniversary with Dad. They will be married for 58 years on 27th of this month 🙂
- I’m so very, very thankful that I was able to talk to Mum on the phone yesterday. I have to admit I sobbed my heart out with the relief of it all once we’d finished talking! 🙂
- I’m also so very thankful to Alexander Fleming, who discovered the antibiotic uses of Penicillin in 1928. I’m so very much aware that, without it, neither myself, nor my Mum, would be here now!
- I’m thankful for living at a time where all of this was possible!
- I’m thankful, lastly, for living where there is a free National Health Service still. There are many people all over the world who lose their lives, needlessly, because they have no access to a free health service, and I’m very much aware of how fortunate I am to live in a country where we have this. There is a huge amount of criticism for our poor, benighted services but, when it really counts, they are there for us, as they have been for me, since my birth 🙂
Thank you all, so very much, for your messages of concern for me over this last week. I appreciate it, and was comforted to know that you cared so much 🙂