I can’t believe how quickly this last few weeks have gone by!
I can’t remember what I’ve done, and when, except, of course, for the fact that I seem to have completed a lot of things, craft-wise, except my May challenge, the Ocean Wave Throw 😦
I’m not sure whether it’s because of the pattern itself, or if it’s the yarn I’m using, but I can’t seem to concentrate enough on it to finish what I’ve started! Mind you, I did have to undo half of it, as I’d gone wrong without realising it – and that definitely helped in my losing any real interest in it. But, as I always try to complete whatever I’ve started, I’m going to soldier on with it, even if I don’t finish it in time for the challenge end, on the 15th May! 🙂
What had got me busy, however, is a complete set of outdoor clothing for a baby – for my future step-grandchild, to be exact 🙂
This is my second attempt to make an outfit for an actual baby, and I’m pleased to say that it came out the right size this time 🙂
I chose Lemon for the colour, as we don’t know whether the new baby is a girl or boy as yet.
I used my new batch of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn to make it, and it has turned out really lovely and soft – I also used some pretty organza ribbons for the ties.
I’m really very pleased with this little outfit, and I’ve enough yarn left over so that, as soon as we find out whether it’s a girl or boy, I’ll be able to make some leggings to go with it, choosing the style to suit the baby 🙂
I have to confess that I have actually made a nappy cover (or Diaper cover, as they say in the USA), and it was supposed to go with this set as well, but I didn’t realise until I’d almost finished it that it’s for a 3-6 month old baby, and not the 0-3 month that the outfit is
I’ll be sending it along anyway, as it will fit eventually 🙂
I used exactly the same yarn for it, but I took the photo at night, using electric light, and the colour looks totally different to the rest of the set, which I took using natural light – I didn’t realise it made this much of a difference, so I guess I’ll be trying to take any other photos of things I make during the daytime from now on! 🙂
Once I’d finished the set, I did a little bit more of the Ocean Waves throw, but then I received a parcel from a friend, which contained a doll she has owned since she was 3 years old. I had told my friend that I’d crochet a few outfits for Muriel (the doll), as she had just come back from the Doll’s hospital, and needed something different from her usual outfit 🙂
I’ve just completed the first outfit, and am now starting on the second one. For the first one, I decided to crochet a Red Riding Hood outfit, as I had some lovely red yarn I wanted to use. I had to adapt a couple of patterns I’d found, as Muriel is 21″ long, and the only patterns I could find were for 18″ dolls. I used the patterns to create a skeleton of the shape, but I totally changed the crochet stitches used, and I also changed the finishing touches, and this made the design uniquely Muriel’s 🙂
Here’s a photo of the dress:
I had fun making all this, and am now using my friend’s favourite peach colour to create a more modern-looking outfit for Muriel. Once it’s finished, I’ll put a photo on here to show you 🙂
In the meantime, I also created a couple of things for my daughter, made from some yarn given to me by a friend. The yarn was 50% Cotton, and 50% Acrylic, and I had just enough to make a top, using a great tutorial that Clare, from BobWilson123 fame, made on her site:
The pattern can be found at:
I also made a pair of footless sandals to go with the top:
And, in between all of this, I really must try to finish that Throw! Lol