My results for my TMA 05 came in today, and it was with some trepadation that I went to extract them.
I had written my very first sci-fi story, a bit of a risk, but it was a story that needed telling, as it had been buzzing insistently in my head, ever since I had written the outline for it in activities 11.3 & 11.4.
I extracted my results, and opened them, silently breathing a prayer that it wouldn’t have too low a mark then, much to my amazement, I saw that I had received 86% as my mark!
I confess that I double-checked that it was actually my story written there – but there was no mistaking it, and I sat for a second, mouth agape in shock, before letting out a relieved whoop!
My husband came rushing into the room, and once glance at my madly grinning face showed him that it was good news, and he was delighted for me that I’d got such a mark, although I don’t think it touched how I felt! Lol
There were a couple of glitches with my story: I had let slip the indents needed for each new paragraph, something I’m amazed I didn’t notice in my final check-up. And I hadn’t used any dialogue in the story, which my tutor felt made it a little dense in places.
I’ll have to work on that for the competition I’m planning on sending the story to, now that I know it was liked by my tutor.
I did have other favourable responses to it from friends and family before I had sent it off, but I had trusted my tutor to give me an unbiased view on it and, as she wished me luck with the competition in her notes to me, I’m taking it that, with that little addition of dialogue, she feels it’s professional enough to submit – so hold this space, folks, and I’ll let you know in August if I get anywhere with it! Lol
Now that my final TMA is back with me, all I have to wait on is the results of my ECA, which will also let me know on what level I have passed the course entirely.
So now the waiting commences . . .